Friday, July 12, 2013

Not Goodbye, but See You Later



Today is one of the toughest days for the team, because most of us are saying goodbye to the boys.  We started the day the way we've started most of our days here.  We began with breakfast, morning story and devotional, study time, break, morning program, lunch, and then afternoon activities.  Only today , each smile is a little wider, each hug a little tighter, and every moment treasured a little more than the one before because its the last for a while.  Some of the boys have heard that we are leaving tonight so I've already heard several questions: Why do you have to leave? Are you coming back next year?  Are you going to miss me?  Questions that make this day especially harder, but along with the questions I've also received a multitude of thank you's, I will miss you's, and I love you's.  I remember this final day last year and have been trying to prepare myself for it all week, but no amount of prep time can really prepare you to say goodbye.  So instead I say, "See you later."
Josh Caballero

No comments:

Post a Comment