Thursday, July 21, 2011

Last night I was able to be a house parent for a night or as my wife called it “house uncle”. One of the ladies had the day off so I had the chance to get to spend the evening getting the boys fed and in bed. Then this morning went back and woke up the boys and got them dressed and out the door for the day. This was a time that I got to spend with the boys in a different way than I had for the past two weeks. This is our last day in Lebanon before we travel in the morning so it has been getting things ready and tying up loose ends. I spent my last day in the classroom with the boys and have enjoyed working with the boys in their studies. Another thing we have been talking to Brent about today is how to do things better for our next trip. We hope that we can establish a healthy relationship with Dar El Awlad. Next year will be a big test as we work together with Calvary to come back and grow the relationships that have been started this summer. It will be great for the boys to see Calvary back next year and see that we are willing to invest in them and to watch them grow up. We are excited to come back to Calvary and learn from all the time that we have had here.

As we travel back tomorrow we want to say thank you so much for keeping up us these past few weeks and for all the support that you have given us. It has been a blessing in my life as well as the others. We look forward to sharing with you what we have learned from the church here.

~Jeremy

No comments:

Post a Comment