Saturday, June 24, 2017

Last summer I spent 3 months working at a church camp that allowed me to minister and guide kiddos and adults of all ages. I landed there as an answer to a prayer of mine the previous year. On the last day of camp I loaded my car with a heart full of fun summer memories, but something in me felt empty. I knew I wanted more, to go farther, to live a miracle filled life, to experience more in my life. I specifically remember praying to God and asking Him to open a door for me to go out and do something amazing. I asked Him to allow me to travel, but  wherever I went, I wanted it to be all about Him.
I prayed that prayer in August 2016 and in February 2017, He answered that prayer. I can remember the day that Sheila invited me to be a part of this year's team to Lebanon. As I sat in the nursery rocking little Graham as he slept, I heard the Lord's voice so clearly in my ear, he said, "this is for you".
Since that day, when I heard His voice, not a single thing has deterred me from my faith in the miracles I know I will see on this trip. No matter what happens regarding politics, foreign affairs, my family afraid of me traveling so far away, etc...
I know God's hands are all over this mission. 
My prayer is that God will work through me and that I will be divinely connected to His voice and Spirit so that I may touch as many lives as I can on this trip. I am eternally grateful for the opportunity to go and work with these children.  
My heart is filled with great excitement, joy, peace, and high expectations for a life changing trip. :-)

Jasmine Padgett 

No comments:

Post a Comment