Monday, July 10, 2017

The Bekaa Valley is one of my favorite places we went to visit in Lebanon. I went there knowing that we would be meeting and having fellowship with Syrian refugees, but unsure of what it would be like to see their customs and ways of living. 
 Upon arrival we were greeted with smiles, hand shakes and lots of kisses.  
I truly enjoyed the time we spent with the ladies there. With the help of a young lady named Kassar and her translating, we were able to share so much about ourselves and to know more about them. The time there seemed to fly by. They prepared a delicious meal for us including chicken and rice with cashews, bread, salad, and yogurt. We weren't in a house, we weren't even sitting in chairs,we were in in a tent on the floor; but these ladies treated me with more compassion and generous hospitality than I ever have had in my life. The wooden floor didn't matter, no AC didnt matter. All the things they didnt have, doesnt matter. They all extended love and kindness and compassion in such a way that is the greatest I've ever experienced in my life. 
Hebrews 13:1-2 1. Let brotherly love continue. 2. Do not forget to entertain strangers, for by so doing some have unwittingly entertained angels.
Little did I know, these angels were the ones entertaining me.

Jasmine Padgett





No comments:

Post a Comment