Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Our Lebanon 2016 Team

We are so excited to be returning to Lebanon this year.  Our team for this year includes 5 members and we will be leaving late this week.  They are Jason, Jennifer, Hannah, Kelly, and Tim.  3 of us have traveled to Lebanon before and 2 are new to the trip.  We are excited to be traveling together and are so hopeful that God will do amazing things in and through us.  We covet your prayers for our team and for our trip as we prepare and go.


Hannah is our youngest team member and the daughter of Jason and Jennifer.  This will be her first trip overseas.  Her mom, Jennifer, has been on this trip twice and her Dad, Jason, has been on this trip once.    She is a 9 year old student in Waco and will be in 4th grade in the fall.  We are so thankful that she is going on the trip this year and that she will join her mom and dad in Lebanon!  Here is an interview with Hannah to get her thoughts on the trip: 

What are you most excited about for the trip:
“I am excited to meet the boys and enjoy time with them.  I am excited about the field trips, devotionals, and bible studies.  I am very excited about trying new foods and visiting the Lebanese grocery store!  I am excited to travel with people I know very well.

What are you most nervous about for the trip:
“I am nervous to be so close to a place in war (Syria).  I am nervous about not being able to speak Arabic and understand people.  I am nervous to fly over the ocean and be so far from home.

What do you think Lebanon will be like:
“It will be beautiful and different from America in a good way.  I think it will be interesting and a good place to visit.”

How can people pray for you on the trip:

“Pray for all of the things that I am nervous about.  Pray that God would give me strength to teach the kids about Him, and to be kind and patient with the boys.  Also, pray that I would have a great time in Lebanon.”

No comments:

Post a Comment